Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm in love...

...with Saffron Dyeworks yarn, that is.

I'm not quite sure how I discovered Saffron Dyeworks, but I had the link to their website in my favorites for a while, and since they are located in eastern Pennsylvania, I thought I'd give their yarns a try.  Boy, am I glad I did.  Each skein is so artfully dyed that the depth of color is amazing.  I actually gasped when I unwrapped the yarn in my first order.  Tonight, I finished my Thermis, and I am so pleased with how it turned out. 

The details are on my Ravelry page.

I just started listening to the audiobook of An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon.  Not sure if I will last the entire 45 hours (!), but that book is just too big to lug around!  Plus, I love hearing the actual pronunciations for the names and places in the book.  I also stopped in at the library this morning after getting a filling (who goes to the dentist at 8am on a Saturday?!?), and picked up Faithful Place by Tana French.  I'm looking forward to this one, because I enjoyed her first two mysteries.  I read a few pages from the sample I downloaded from iBooks, and it has a promising beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment